According to the membership policy adopted by the league board of directors in February 2011:
To Become a Member
For a club to become a voting member of the Thruway League, the club must enter a minimum of 3 teams in two consecutive seasons, and then maintain a minimum of at least 3 teams in each season thereafter. After meeting the requirements of 2 consecutive seasons with a minimum of 3 teams, a non-member club may apply for league membership the following season (provided they have entered a minimum of 3 teams). It is up to the club to submit an application to the league for consideration. New clubs will be approved for membership at the league's annual general meeting. The link to the league membership application is found below.
To Maintain Membership
- the club must be in good standing
- must have competed with a minimum of three teams in the most recently completed season.
- and must register a minimum of three teams for the current season.
Member clubs have a vote at the league annual meeting. If a club meets the above criteria and wishes to apply for membership, they need to do so on the league membership form.
2018 Season Member Clubs:
- Amherst Soccer Associaiton
- Black Watch Premier - Buffalo
- Cobras FC
- Empire United SA
- Global Premier Soccer - New York
- Greater Binghamton FC
- Lakefront SC
- Rochester FC
- Rochester Lancers
- Soaring Capital SC
- TC United SC
- Western NY Flash